- TeleHealth -
With Covid 19 social distancing, we can still provide you with our expert Physiotherapy services.
Our convenient online "Skype / Zoom Style" Virtual one:one services were created for ANY individual who can not make it to a clinic physiotherapy appointment.
We eliminate this barrier and come to you via a screen in your home for the same great quality appointment using your home computer tablet or phone.
We will empower you to take control of your injuries and get back to doing what you love.
How it Works
IT'S SIMPLE! All you need is an internet connection, access to a desktop, laptop, smart phone or tablet, and to follow these instructions:
1. Book your initial assessment / consultation online HERE or by emailing or phoning the clinic
* Email us or by phoning 403-455-2734
* Please note your credit card information will be collected at time of booking to secure your appointment but WILL NOT be charged until after your assessment and only if your extended benefits do not cover the amount.
2. Complete your intake forms. They will be emailed to you as soon as you book your appointment. Please take the time to complete these prior to your appointment
3. You can join your telehealth appointment using either a cell phone/ iPad or a desktop computer with camera and microphone by clicking on the join session in the email sent to you, or by logging into your AirdriePhysio Janeapp account https://airdriephysio.janeapp.com/login
4. Please arrive to your appointment a few minutes early -
** note: from a desktop please use google chrome or safari web browser **
5. When your therapist is ready they will welcome you from the waiting room with live video connection in your private and secure one:one appointment.
To ensure you have a great appointment please ensure the following:
You have your camera set up in a location that allows you to move around and still be seen
You have clear audio - you may want to consider using earbuds for clearer sound (not necessary)
Have a private space free of distraction so you can focus on what you need
Have someone available that you can call on if help is needed
6. Following your appointment your therapist will summarize the goals and treatment plan you agree on, assist you with booking your follow-up sessions, and send you your homework
Commonly asked questions
1. Will my insurance pay for telehealth physiotherapy?
Most providers will pay for telehealth physiotherapy sessions. Contact them them directly to confirm if they will re-imburse you for telehealth sessions.
2. Can you treat everything via telehealth?
You can expect to receive the same exceptional care through our telehealth services as you would in the Clinic. Although many situations are served well by telehealth, not everything will be appropriate. Your therapist will absolutely inform you if they feel they will not be able to help you ~ they will direct you to someone else in your own community (another health care profession for example), or the type of referral you may need to receive from your GP to move you forward in your care.
Common treatments through telehealth include: self mobilization, education, exercise retraining, active exercise, review & progression of home exercise programs, movement retraining, taping, ergonomic assessments and self treatments
3. What is the cost of a Telehealth Appointment?
The cost of a Telehealth Physiotherapy assessment and treatment is the same as an in clinic one. Our Physiotherapists are experts in their field and use their clinical expertise to accurately assess and treat clients. They use a multitude of skills to assess and treat via the virtual medium that include: keen observation, education, teaching skills & techniques for exercises, taping, self-treatment techniques like self-mobilization, and they can also perform ergonomic assessments of your work station.
4. Do you direct bill to my insurance provider?
Yes! We will direct bill on your behalf for your telehealth session. provided your health benefits provider and plan allow for it. Most Extended Health, Motor Vehicle Insurance providers and WCB cover Telehealth just as they did in house physiotherapy These include but are not limited to;