Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) Process
1) Report injury to motor vehicle insurance company. Alberta legislation states that you are to go through the insurance company that insures the vehicle you were injured in.
2) Call clinic to make an appointment. You will be asked to provide:
- Date of injury/what was injured.
- Where accident occurred
*accidents occurring outside of Alberta have a different process than accidents occurring within Alberta.
- Claim number.
- Adjuster name and contact information.
3) You will need to arrive 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to complete paperwork.
4) After your assessment your physiotherapist will submit a report to the insurance company for treatment approval.
5) You have 90 days from the date of the accident to complete all approved treatments. The 90 days deadline is non-negotiable as it set by Alberta legislation.
Click here for Alberta Legislation
Not happy with your current MVA Physio provider and want to switch to us?
You have the right to choose where you want to receive your treatment. If you have been attending another facility and want to move to a new one to continue treatment you must inform your adjuster of your wish to do so. You will need to inform the new clinic you are attending how many treatments you have received. You may also have to pay to have your file transferred depending on the policy of the clinic you were previously attending. Any costs you incur that a third party funder will not cover are your responsibility to pay.